WRP response to Covid-19
In keeping with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Vermont’s “stay home, stay safe” order, the WRP office is closed until further notice.
WRP staff are working remotely from home offices, so please reach out if/as needed:
- Mary Russ, Executive Director: mary[at]whiteriverpartnership.org
- Greg Russ, Watershed Restoration Manager: greg[at]whiteriverpartnership.org
- Dan ‘Rudi’ Ruddell, Watershed Scientist: rudi[at]whiteriverpartnership.org
- Christian Pelletier, Program Coordinator: christian[at]whiteriverpartnership.org
Cancelled or postponed events
The WRP has cancelled all in-person events through summer 2020. We will re-evaluate as more information from the CDC and the state becomes available. Impacted events include:
- Postponed: 5 Olde Tavern Fundraising Dinner on March 30 – Please consider supporting 5 Olde Tavern, and other local restaurants, if possible by ordering takeout or purchasing a gift card for later use.
- Cancelled: Spring tree planting events with school groups (April 27 – May 8)
- Cancelled: RASTA Peavine Whitewater Race on May 9
- Cancelled: Second Sunday tree planting event with volunteers on May 10
- Cancelled: Second Sunday river access improvement project with volunteers on June 14
2020 volunteer opportunities
At this time the WRP is coordinating our summer volunteer stewardship programs:
- Water quality monitoring program – The 2020 water quality monitoring season began on Wednesday, May 27. For more information, please contact Christian Pelletier: christian[at]whiteriverpartnership.org.
- White River Water Trail stewardship program – The 2020 stewardship program began on Green Up Day, Saturday May 30. For more information, please contact Christian Pelletier: christian[at]whiteriverpartnership.org.
Please contact us with any questions about upcoming WRP projects, programs, or events.