The WRP depends on volunteers, members, and donors to accomplish much of our important work. Here are a few ways that you can get involved and support our work:
The WRP posts information about clean water projects, upcoming events, volunteer opportunities, and more on Facebook and Instagram. We invite you to “Like” or “Follow” the WRP in order to stay posted on our work to improve the long-term health of the White River and its watershed.
The WRP also distributes a regular electronic newsletter to share project updates and to advertise upcoming volunteer opportunities. We invite you to sign-up to receive our e-newsletter by completing the form on the right-hand side of this webpage.
Every other Wednesday from late-May through early-September, trained volunteers will gather water samples at 22 swimming holes throughout the watershed. Then WRP staff analyze the samples to determine if the river is safe for swimming and share the results with the public.
We invite you to Swim Smart this summer:
- Find a White River recreational access site near you;
- Keep an eye on the water quality at or near your favorite White River access site by 1) visiting our website, Facebook page, or Instagram page or 2) contacting us to request water sample monitoring results via email: christian[at]whiteriverpartnership.org; and
- Read the 4-page 2023 White River Water Quality Report to learn more about water quality trends in the White River watershed.
Trash and tires in the river degrade clean water and make recreation unsafe. We need your help to remove as much trash as we can from the White River!
We invite you to report any small or large trash dumps and single or multiple tires you find in the White River. We’ll use your reports to focus our cleanup efforts in 2024:
- Learn more about the types of trash we’re concerned about and
- Report trash and tires when you see them!
Whether it’s cleaning up the river, monitoring water quality, or stewarding a White River Water Trail site, we would greatly appreciate your help (no experience necessary). Learn more about our annual volunteer events.
Stay posted about current volunteer opportunities by visiting our News and Events webpage or our Facebook and Instagram pages. Or subscribe to our e-newsletter list-serve (see right-hand side of this page) to receive email notifications about upcoming events.
Make a donation
To find out more about how you can get involved and support the work of the WRP, please contact us.