About the WRP
The White River Partnership (WRP) is a membership-based, nonprofit organization formed in 1996 by a group of local people who shared common concerns about the long-term health of the White River and its watershed. The WRP envisions a White River watershed in which individuals and communities work together to make informed decisions that protect and improve water quality, fish and wildlife habitat, flood resilience, and recreational river access.
WRP Strategic Plan
The WRP Board of Directors adopted a new Strategic Plan in December 2020 to guide our work for the next 5 years. Follow this link to learn more about our goals and objectives through 2025.
- US Forest Service Volunteer & Service Award for Leadership – 2016
- US Fish & Wildlife Service National Fish Passage Program Partner of the Year – 2012
- Vermont Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence – 2012
- US Forest Service Eastern Region Honor Award for Protecting Ecosystems Across Boundaries – 2008
- Vermont Urban and Community Forestry Council Vermont Tree Steward Award – 2007
- US Forest Service Excellence in Riparian Management Award – 2003
- Vermont Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence & Pollution Prevention – 2003
- In 2000, the WRP was one of 12 groups nationally selected to receive a US Forest Service Community Based Watershed Restoration Partnership Grant in recognition of our community-based approach to resolving watershed problems.